Article 1 (Purpose)
This use provision (hereinafter referred to as the ‘provision’) aims to concretely stipulate all the matters and other requirements related to membership conditions and use of web services (hereinafter referred to as the ‘service’) of the website managed by LG Household & Health Care Ltd. between LG Household & Health Care Ltd. And a customer who uses services (hereinafter referred to as a ‘member’).
Article 2 (Effect and Change in Provisions)
① It takes effect on all the users who intend to use this service.
② This provision takes its effect by posting the content on some screen of the service or in other ways.
③ When there is an important reason in management or on business, the company can arbitrarily change this provision. The changed provision takes its effect by announce the fact in the same way as described in Section 2 of this article.
Article 3 (Pending matters)
The matters not specified in this provision depend on Basic Telecommunication Act, Telecommunications Business Act, the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization, other related laws, and the company’s additional guidelines.
Article 4 (Definitions of Terms)
The definitions of terms used in this provision are as follows.
1. Member: A member is one who concludes a use agreement with the company or receives a user ID to receive the service.
2. Identification (ID): It is a combination of alphabetical letters and numbers, which a member selects and the company approves for member identification and member services
3. Password: It is a combination of letters and numbers, which a member himself/herself sets up for his or her secret protection.
4. Termination: It is a declaration of an intention that the company or a member determinates the use agreement after using the service.
Article 5 (Service Contents)
The company provides a member its own developed services, services jointly developed with other companies, services developed by other companies, and other different services that the company additionally decides.
But, the company can change a schedule for service provision, and provision methods by each service and delay or not provide the serviceaccording to the circumstances of the company.
Article 6 (The Conclusion of a Use Agreement)
①It is considered that a member agrees on this provision if he/she pushes a button, ˇ°agreeˇ± as an answer to a question, “Do you agree on the above use agreement?” when applying for the use of services.
②The use agreement is concluded when the company approves a member’s application for the service use specified in Article 7.
Article 7 (Application for Service Use)
①A member writes down all user information required in a membership application form of the company to use this service.
②All user information written down in a membership application form is considered to be real data. A user who does not input his/her real name or real information cannot have legal protection and be subject to service restriction.
Article 8 (Protection and Use of Personal Information)
(1)The company makes efforts to protect its members’ personal information according to what the relevant law prescribes. The relevant law and the personal information protection policy of the company apply to the protection and use of personal information. But, the personal information protection policy of the company does not apply to linked sites in addition to the official site of the company. Moreover, a member should thoroughly manage his/her information such as a password not to be exposed to others. The company does not take responsibility for information exposed to others due to a reason attributable to a member.
(2) The company can provide its members’ personal information for the third party within the legal limit in the following cases.
– When information provision is requested by an investigative agency or other government institution
– When information provision is needed to carry out information protection works such as the identification of misconduct including a member’s violation of the law or the provision
– When information provision is required by the law
Article 9 (Agreement on the use of member information)
①The company uses members’ personal information written in a membership application form according to Article 7 for the purpose of implementing this use agreement and of providing services specified in this use agreement.
②.Member information can be provided for companies affiliated with the company. But, the company should previously announce affiliated companies, provision purposes, and the content of member information that will be provided before it provides member information.
③A member can read and correct his/her personal information through correction of member information any time.
④The fact that a member writes down his/her personal information in a membership application form and applies to the company for the use of services according to this provision is considered that he or she agrees that the company collects, uses, and provides personal information written in a membership application form according to this provision
Article 10 (Acceptance of Service Use Application and Limits)
(1) In principle, the company approves service use for service use application made according to regulations described in Articles 5 and 6 in order of receipt when there is no trouble in work performance or technology.
(2) The company can put off an approval in the case related to one of the following matters.
– When an applicant’s authentic information is not provided
– When an application is made to violate the law or to disturb social stability, order, and the traditional custom
– When an applicant intends to use this service for illegal use
– When an applicant intends to use this service in pursuit of profits
– When a user who is in competition with this service makes an application
– When a user whose use agreement had been terminated in breach of the law or the provision makes an application
– When an applicant makes an application in breach of other specified matters
(3) The company can postpone the approval for service use application until the reason for the approval limit is solved when the application is related to one of the following clauses.
– When the company has limited facilities
– When the company has a technical trouble
– When it is difficult to make an approval for the use due to a reason attributable to the company
(4) The company can put off an approval according to what is prescribed in a guidebook by service when a customer who applies for the use is a minor defined in the relevant law.
(5) The company can cancel an approval for the use when one of the reasons described in the following clauses of Section 2 is found after a membership procedure is completed.
Article 11 (Assignment and Change of User ID)
(1) The company assigns a use ID to a customer according to what the provision prescribes.
(2) It is basically impossible to change the user ID. When he/she intends to change his/her ID due to an unavoidable reason, the user should terminate the corresponding ID and rejoin.
(3) The user ID can be connected to a member ID of the site managed by the company or its subsidiary company with the consent of a member.
(4) The user ID can be changed or stopped being used at the request of a member or by the company’s authority in the case related to one of the following clauses.
– When there is a fear of privacy invasion because a user ID is registered as a telephone number or a resident registration number
– When a user ID is repellent to other people or is against the traditional custom
– When it is feared that a user ID is the same or mistaken for the name of the company, the service provided by the company, and of a service manager
– When there are other rational reasons
(5) A member should take management responsibility for a user ID and password. A member should take responsibility for damages in service use or the abuse of the third party caused by negligent management. The company does not take any responsibility for it.
(6) Other matters related to the management and a change of members’ personal information depend on what is prescribed in a guidebook by service.
Article 12 (Company’s Obligations)
①The company should make the utmost efforts to provide the service continuously and stably according to what this provision prescribes except the case specific in Articles 19 and 21.
②The company should maintain and repair service facilities to operate them any time. When there is a problem, the company should do its best to repair and recover this without delay.
Article 13 (Privacy Protection)
①The company cannot reveal, release, or distribute a member’s personal information acquired related to the service to other people without his/her previous consent. The company cannot use a member’spersonal information for commercial purposes except service-related works. But, it is exceptional to the case related to 1 of each clause
1. When it is required for the purpose of investigation in accordance with the relevant law
2. When there is a request of Korea Internet Safety Commission
3. When it is required by other relevant laws
②The company can organize and use statistic data related to personal information of the whole or partial members for advertising works. The company can send cookies to a member’s computer through the service. In this case, a member can refuse the reception of cookies or can change the setup of the computer browser used to warn the reception of cookies.
Article 14 (Member Obligations)
①A member should not take the following actions when using the service.
1. An action that a member illegally uses other people’s user ID and password
2. An action that uses information obtained through the service for reproduction, performance, broadcasting, exhibition, distribution, publication, and so on or provides them for the third person through the copy, process, translation, and the secondary writing in addition to a member’s personal use
3. An action that brings disgrace on or gives a disadvantage to other people
4. An action that infringes other rights such as the copyright of another user or the third party
5. An action that circulates information, a sentence, a figure, voices, and others of the content against the public order or the traditional custom
6. An action objectively recognized to be connected to crime
7. An action that registers or circulates data infected with a computer virus, which causes service-related facility malfunction or information destruction and confusion
8. An action that transmits information that can disturb the safe management of the service or advertising information contrary to a recipient’s intention.
9. An action that a requirement for correction is made from an institution with public confidence suchas Korea Internet Safety Commission and a consumer advocacy group
10. An action that violates the election law, which a cessation, a warning, or a corrective order is made from National Election Commission
11. An action judged to go against other relevant laws
②A member should follow matters specified in this provision, and information and cautions related to service use.
③A member should follow limitations for service use that the company posts on service notices or additionally announces by content.
④A member cannot make any action for profits by using the service without a previous consent of the company. The company does not take responsibility for the result caused by an action for profits.
⑤A member should have the obligation to compensate the company for damages in terms of such an action for profits.
⑥A member can neither transfer nor give his/her authority of using the service and the status specified in a service use agreement. A member cannot provide these as security.
⑦A member cannot divert the full or partial contents and functions of the service without a previous consent of the company.
Article 15 (Member Obligations and Responsibility related to Member ID and Password)
①A member should take all management responsibilities for his/her user ID and password. A member should take responsibility for all the results caused by negligent management and abuse of his/her ID and password given by the company.
②.When his/her ID is used by other people without permission, a member should surely notify the company of the fact.
③ A member’s ID cannot be changed without prior consent of the company.
Article 16 (Information Provision)
The company can provide members with a variety of information recognized to be needed in service use through many methods such as E-mail or letters.
Article 17 (Members’ Postings)
(1) A posting means an article, a picture, many types of files, a link that a member posts while using the service.
(2) When the posting that a member registers on the service causes the damage or other problems to a member or other people, a member should take responsible for it. The company does not take responsibility for it unless there is no special circumstance.
(3) The company can take relevant measures such as a temporary stop for posting, correction, deletion, movement, or refusal of registration, and so on for postings applicable to the following clauses without prior consent of a member.
– When it is a content that offers other members or the third party a serious insult or brings disgrace on them
– When a content that violates the public order or the traditional custom is circulated or linked
– When it is a content that instigates illegal reproduction or hacking
– When it is an advertising aiming at profits
– When it is a content objectively recognized to be connected to crime
– When it is a content that infringes other rights such as the copyright of another user or the third party
– When the company judges the content not to be in accord with service characteristics as the content the contains a political judgment or a religious view privately made
– When it goes against the principle of postings regulated by the company or does not correspond to characteristics of a bulletin board
– When it is judged to go against other relevant laws
(4) When the third party requests the company to stop posting by reason of defamation or infringement of his/her right such as an intellectual property right, the company can temporarily stop posting (stop transmitting). The company follows this when a lawsuit or an agreement between one who request to stop posting and a posting register, or other corresponding decision of the relevant institution is made to be submitted to the company.
(5) When there is a measure made to temporarily stop posting for the corresponding posting, a member who registers the posting can make a request for reposting (re-transmission). But, the company can delete the posting when a posting register does not make any request for reposting within 3 months after the data that a measure is made to stop posting.
Article 18 (Posting Copyright)
(1) The copyright of postings or writings written by the company, and other intellectual property rights are reverted to the company.
(2) The copyright of postings posted by a member within the service belongs to a member who posts them. But, the company can freely use postings registered by a member to be consistent with fair practices specified by the copyright law within the reasonable limit without a member’s additional permission for the purpose of management, exhibition, transmission, distribution, and promotion of the service as follows.
– The company organizes writings edited within the limit that the reproduction, correction, renovation, exhibition, transmission, distribution, and writing properties of members’ postings are not harmed within the service.
– The company provides, exhibits, or promotes contents of members’ postings to service affiliated partners such as media companies and press agencies. But, in this case, the company does not provide members’ personal information except members’ user IDs without additional consent.
(3) The company should get a member’s consent through methods such as a telephone, a fax, and E-mail when it intends to use members’ postings through any methods other than what is described in the previous clause.
(4) When a member terminates a service use agreement, the company deletes all the postings recorded in his/her account (ex. mail, blog, my home, and others). But, the company does not delete postings reposted or reproduced through storage and containing by other people, provided after combining other people’s posting, and registered on a common bulletin board,
Article 19 (Time for Service Use)
① It is a principle that the use of services is available for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365days a year as long as there is not any special trouble in work performance or technology. But, it is exceptional when the company needs a service check-up and measure such as a regular check-up and an emergency measure
② The company can additionally decide a usable time by scope by dividing the service into certain scopes. In this case, the company should notice the content in advance.
Article 20 (Responsibility for Service Use)
A member cannot carry out business activities to sell the product by using the service in addition to the case that it is officially approved. Especially, a member cannot carry out hackings, advertising profits, commercial activities through pornographic sites, and illegal distribution of commercial S/W. The company does not take responsibility for results of business activities, loss, and legal measures such as an arrest by the relevant institution, caused in breach of these rules.
Article 21 (Stop ofService Provision)
①The company can stop the service in a case related to one of the following clauses.
1. When it is absolutely necessary due to the construction such as a repair work of service facilities
2. When there is an irresistible reason
②The company can limit or stop the full or partial service when there is a trouble in using the normal service due to a state of national emergency, the power outage, an obstacle in all the facilities, or use congestion.
Article 22 (Dealing with Advertisers)
The company does not take responsibility for all the losses or damages that occur as a result that a member participates, communicate, or handles promotional activities of advertisers, posted on this service or through this service.
Article 23 (Links)
This service or the third party can provided the World Wide Web site or data links.
A member recognizes and agrees that the company does not take responsibility for the use of the outside site or data of that kind, does not guarantee such a site or data or usable contents, advertisements, products, or materials, and takes no responsibility for them because the company does not have any control authority on this site and data.
Moreover, a member recognizes and agrees that the company does not directly or indirectly take responsibility for any damage or loss maintained to be caused by the use or the confidence in the site or data, or usable contents, the goods, or service provided by the site or data, or in this connection.
Article 24 (Agreement Termination and the Limit of Service Use)
① When he/she intends to terminate a service use agreement, a member should personally apply for termination online or through an additional method set by the company.
②The company can terminate a use agreement or put a stop to a member’s service use without any preliminary notice when a membertakes one of actions described in the following clauses.
1. When a member steals other people’s service ID and password
2. When a member disturbs the service management on purpose
3. When the name subscribed for membership is not a member’s real name
4. When the same user doubly registers with a different ID
5. When a content that violates the public order or the traditional custom is circulated on purpose
6. When a member plans or implements the service use to hinder national interest or public interest
7. When a member makes an action that brings disgrace on or gives a disadvantage to other people
8. When a member transmits information to disturb the safe management of the service or advertising information
9. When a member circulates a computer virus program which causes malfunction of communication facilities or information destruction
10. When a member infringes the copyright of the company, another member or the third party
11. When a member receives a requirement for correction from an outside institution such as Korea Internet Safety Commission or he makes an action that violates the election law, which a cessation, a warning, or an corrective order is made from National Election Commission
12. When a member illegally uses other people’s personal information, user ID, and password
13. When a member reproduces, circulates, or commercially uses information obtained through the service of the company without a previous consent of the company
14. When a member posts obscene materials on a bulletin board or connects (links) a pornographic site
15. When a member violates the relevant law or other use conditions set by the company including this provision
③The company can limit the use of services in accordance with a member’s conditions even after a member concludes a service use agreement to receive an ID and a password from the company.
④A member can file an objection according to the procedure set by the company with regard to a measure taken by the company described in Sections 2 and 3 of this article.
⑤ When the company recognizes that his/her objection described in the previous section is justifiable, the company should immediately resume service use.
Article 25 (Compensation for Damage)
The company does not take responsibility for any damage that occurs to a member as long as it is not caused by an intentional mistake of the company related to the use of services while a service charge is free.
When the company receives a formal objection such as a claim for damages and a lawsuit from the third party except the corresponding member due to an illegal act that a member commits in using the service, the corresponding member should make efforts for company exemption. If the company is not exempted, the corresponding member should pay for all resultant damages that occur to the company.
Article 26 (Exemptions)
①When it cannot provide services due to natural disasters or equivalent irresistible forces, the company is exempted from its responsibility for service provision.
②The company does not take responsibility for an obstacle to service use, caused by a reason attributable to a member.
③When a member does not make any profit expected from service provision of the company or makes a loss due to his or her selection or use of service data, the company does not take responsibility for it.
④The Company does not take responsibility for information and data that a member posts on the service, and the reliability and the accuracy of facts.
Article 27 (Notification)
(1) When it notifies a member, the company can use an E-mail address that a member registers at the company.
(2) When it notifies many unspecified members, the company can replace an individual notice with a more than 7 day notice posted on a bulletin board.
Article 28 (Competent Court)
①When there is a dispute betweenthe company and a member related to service use, both parties should faithfully consult to settle the dispute.
②When a legal action is taken related to a dispute between the company and a member, a competent court is decided by mutual consultation between the company and a member.
1. The provision will be effective from September 5, 2006.